Facebook is the largest online platform where you can meet and connect with new people all across the Globe. As a matter of fact, most of us use Facebook on a daily basis. We all know that Facebook theme is always white and blue.
Facebook has finally introduce a Dark Theme mode to its users, just like YouTube did. YouTube introduced a dark theme mode for its users. So now, Facebook dark mode can be enabled on Android, iPhone ans PC. This post all about how to do so.
Benefits Of Facebook Dark Mode:
The advantages of Dark Mode are, it enhances visual ergonomics by reducing eye strain, facilitating screens to adjust according to current light conditions and providing comfort of use at night or in dark environments.
Additionally, it conserves battery power, thereby enabling device usage for longer periods without charging.
We will be showing you how to enable Facebook dark mode on your Android, iPhone and PC. All you have to do is to follow the below steps and you will have dark mode enabled.
How to Enable Facebook Lite Dark Mode
Dark mode is now available on Facebook lite for android and iPhone. kindly follow the below steps to Enable Facebook Lite Dark mode on your Smart Phone.
- First, update your Facebook Lite to the Latest Version.
- After Installing, Open the App and login to your Facebook account.
- Tap on Menu at the upper right corner
- Now Scroll Down till you see Dark Mode.
- Now Toggle it ON,
- Boom!. you are now on Facebook dark mode.
If you can’t find the dark mode Enable toggle after following the above steps correctly, it means that this feature is not yet available in your Country or your Facebook account is about 7 to 10 years old as this feature is only available to new accounts for now but it will soon be available to all users.
If you have Facebook lite installed and running on your iPhone and you wish to Enable dark mode on it kindly follow the above process because its the same thing with android.
To Enable Dark Mode on the Official Facebook App, Kindly Update your Facebook app from Google Playstore or Apple Store and follow the below steps.
- Login to the Official Facebook App
- Click on the menu bar at the top right.
- Scroll down to Settings.
- Switch the dark mode to ON.
If you did not see the option to enable dark mode, it means that your smartphone version is very low. All you have to do is to wait for this feature to be made available in your region.
Enable Facebook Dark Mode On Android Through Third Party App
If you browse Facebook with a Mobile browser or you make use of your Facebook at Night or you browse Facebook in an area with low light, I think you might want to follow the bellow steps:
First, Download Kiwi Browser on your Android through Play Store.
- Install the App And Launch It.
- Search For Dark Reader in the address bar. click on the first link.
- You will be taken to Google Chrome Extension Page
- Click on ADD TO CHROME.
- Now Enable the Extension and you are good to go.
- Now visit Facebook with the browser and you will have Dark mode Enabled.
Your Standard Facebook app will not have the dark mode enabled. If you want to use the dark mode, all you have to do is to login through the Browser and Enjoy.
How to Enable Dark Mode on The New Facebook for PC
Facebook dark mode is not available on the old version of Facebook Web but it is available on the New Facebook Web.
Facebook is rolling out a new user interface for their users who browse Facebook on a web browser. But this feature is not available to all Facebook users.
I received a message from Facebook that reads as follows “You have been invited to check out the new Facebook, We are still working on it“. If you received a similar notification from Facebook, all you have to do is to Accept and try the new Facebook.
Alternatively, you can check to see if you are eligible to try the new Facebook.
- Login to your Facebook Account
- Click on the drop down arrow ⋁ which is located at the top right corner.
- You will be switched to the new Facebook user interface.
- Now Click on the drop down arrow ⋁ which is located at the top right corner.
- Toggle the dark mode Switch to ON.
- You Facebook will appear just like the below image.
If you were unable to find the Switch to New Facebook option, it means that this new Facebook in currently not available in your country or region. You just have to wait because this feature will soon be made available to all Facebook users.
If you don’t like the new Facebook, you can enable Facebook dark mode on the old version of Facebook with the help of dark reader browser extension which I will be explaining below.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Facebook Classic Version
If you are using Facebook on your windows or mac pc via any browser like Chrome or Firefox. You can enable Facebook dark mode by installing and enabling a third party extension.
In the next paragraph, I will be showing you how to enable Facebook dark mode using Dark Reader extension.
What is Dark Reader?
Dark Reader is an eye-care extension that enables night mode creating dark themes for websites on browsers like Chrome and Firefox. Dark Reader inverts bright colors making them high contrast and easy to read at night. You can adjust brightness, contrast, sepia filter, dark mode, font settings and ignore-list.
How to Install and Enable Dark Reader on your Browser
Before installing dark reader extension in your browser, make sure that you are installing it from the right source. You can search for Dark Reader on Google and install it from the Chrome extension page or Mozilla extension page.
If your are using Chrome Browser or FireFox Browser, you can download and enable dark reader on your browser by following the below links.
Dark Reader for FireFox
I will be using Firefox Browser in this tutorial, so kindly follow the below steps and you will have dark mode enabled on your Facebook Web.
- Visit Mozilla dark reader extension page
- Click on +Add to Firefox.
- You will be prompted to accept permissions.
- Click On Add.
- Now, a dark reader icon will be added at the top right corner of your browser.
- Click on Icon and Switch it to ON.
- Your Browser will be switched to dark mode.
- You can use this icon to Enable or Disable the Dark mode on any of your desired websites.
After that, Visit Facebook web and login to your Facebook account you will see the magic just like in the image below.
That is all you need to know about how to enable Facebook dark mode on your android, iOS smartphone and PC. If you encountered any error while trying to do this kindly let us know and your questions will be gladly accepted.