Dave is a financial application that gives you checks in advance and budgeting help at whatever point you are out of luck. Many individuals use cash advance mobile applications like Dave to get ready for their impending costs, keep away from overdraft expenses, and acquire up to $100 whenever they need some cash immediately.
There are lots of things to benefit if you make use of money apps like dave to acquire cash advances. One of the benefits you will get while using the dave app for loan is that their monthly subscription fee is just $1. It does not charge you any interest based on the amount you borrowed.
While the company might be a standout amongst other payday credit loan specialists at present, many other loan applications like Dave additionally offer better arrangements for individuals that need cash quickly.
How Does the Dave App Work?
From what I understand, the Dave app works as a budgeting tool and it offers people the ability to borrow small amounts of money in the form of cash advances. Before you can start using the app, you have to pay a membership fee of $1 every month.
When you have successfully become a member, you can now proceed and check your eligibility to borrow money from the Dave app. You will not pay any interest fee when you borrow money from Dave, but you can alway tip them if you are satisfied with their service.
When you request for a loan from Dave, it may take up to three business days to receive your money. The express option allows you to get your money the same day, but you must pay a “small” fee.
You will have to choose how you pay back the money you borrowed, either manual or automatically. Dave will automatically withdraw the amount you borrow from a linked bank account if you don’t pay it back manually before it’s due. So there is no way you can hack or trick the Dave app.
Is Dave App Legit?
Yes, Dave is a legit business and it is not a scam. You will not face any legal charges from the law for using the dave website or app. Dave does not share or distribute any illegal content on their website or app. Their mobile app is also listed on App Store and Google Play. So you don’t have to be afraid of losing your money when you register with the app.
Who Owns the Dave app?
The Dave app is owned by Jason Wilk and the headquarter is located in Los Angeles, CA, US. The company launched in 2016 as a personal finance tool that helped customers manage their budgets, avoid overdrafts and even find gig-economy jobs. Now It has over 10 million downloads on iOS and Android.
The Dave app makes money from the $1 month to month membership subscription, tips or donations from users, interchange fees, interest earned on cash, and referral fees. Dave has grown to become one of the leading FinTech startups in North America. Its platform now counts over $1 billion assets.
Is Dave App Safe to Use?
Yes, the Dave app is completely safe to use. Their website and app does not contain any form of advertisements like pop up ads and redirects. There is nothing to download when using the website or app. So there is no way that your OS can be infected with virus or malware when using Dave.
Looking at the dave website, it has an SSL certificate that protects its users from their information being stolen by hackers. With this, I will say that users’ information like usernames, emails and passwords are also secured. According to the reviews on Google Play, the app scores 4 / 5, which is positive.
So the answer to the above question is that dave is completely safe to use for people with a steady paycheck who need extra dollars to help cover unexpected expenses. For people looking for a very big loan, the dave app is not a good option.
Fortunately, there are a lot of applications like Dave that permit you to acquire a bigger amount. You can utilize a blend of these applications to help you oversee your accounts, teach you important approaches to set aside cash, and acquire money for crises.
21 Money Borrow Apps Like Dave are:-
This Branch fintech platform is very useful for employers who have a lot of employees. It provides the employees with a free digital account and a debit card for transactions. The branch and dave app are very similar when it comes to fast payment, only that branch is completely free to use.
The branch offers a feature that allows clients to cause an early withdrawal of up to $500 in income each payroll interval. To meet all requirements for this component, all you need is financial records and to be paid through a direct deposit.
- No advance fee, unless you need money instantly.
- No membership subscription.
- Employees can get upto $500 cash advances.
- Features earning tracking, chat with colleagues and so on.
- Your employer will need to have an account.
- Not available to remote employees
- Must download the Branch mobile app to request advances
With MoneyLion, you might have the option to get loans of up to $250 with a 0% premium (checks should be immediately deposited into your MoneyLion account). MoneyLion offers membership for a charge that gives individuals financial records, free loans, and an investment account.
- No monthly fee
- No overdraft or service fees
- Access to 55,000+ fee-free ATMs
- Mobile banking apps available
- No physical locations
- No check-writing
Earnin works practically like Dave, however, it doesn’t include any membership fees. It additionally allows you to get cash, depending upon the number of hours you have effectively worked. For instance, you can acquire as much as $500 each day on the off chance that you have amassed an extensive number of work hours.
Besides, you don’t have to go anywhere to gather your cash. On the off chance that you need to take out a development, simply utilize its Lightning Speed program. The application will deposit the money in your account within one business day.
- No interest or fees and tips are optional
- Balance Shield can help prevent overdrafts from your bank account
- Available for both Android and Apple users
- Eligibility is limited based on how you’re paid or what kind of job you have
- You sacrifice some privacy
- Low withdrawal limits
Even is one of the main payday advance apps like Dave that give an employee access to financial help for work they have effectively done. On the off chance that your employer supports the help, you can utilize the PayActiv application to get a loan on your salary before payday.
This app is a good tool for anyone looking for an easy way to keep track of their monthly budget. But it won’t be much help if you’re looking to take out a cash advance and don’t work for an eligible company.
The Even app can send money in two ways. You can have it sent to a bank account, which typically takes one business day, or you can choose to pick up your Instapay at a Walmart MoneyCenter.
- Ability to get a cash advance on your paycheck
- You can pick up your cash at Walmart
- The app comes with budgeting tools
- To participate, your employer must be a partner
- Your employer determines how many cash advances you can take
- You may have to pay a monthly subscription plan
LenMe is a top lending platform that encourages clients to get some cash from different institutions. By utilizing its iOS or Android application, it will associate you with financial institutions, individual investors, and businesses that will loan you some cash. As a shared lending platform, you can either get or loan carefully in no time.
Loan specialists can utilize the application to diversify your portfolio, select danger-free borrowers, and pull out your profit at zero expense. As a borrower, you can turn into an endorser for $0.99 each month and access credits of up to $5,000.
- No commission.
- Diversify investments in a market-agnostic way.
- Potentially make loans accessible to unbankable people.
- Subscription-based with a monthly fee.
- Paybacks won’t improve borrowers’ credit scores.
- Higher default rates in P2P lending, especially with non-asset-backed loans.
The chime is a financial service application that has a feature that allows clients the chance to get the funds from checks early. Individuals can get paid as long as two days ahead of schedule if they have a direct deposit.
Chime app allows people to open fee-free checking and savings accounts with direct deposit and a debit card. Chime makes money by taking a portion of the transaction fee charged to merchants when people use its debit card.
- Simple lineup of free account options
- Very competitive savings APY
- Automated savings tools to help improve your habits
- Early receipt of direct deposit payments
- No branches for in-person service
- Recent customer complaints regarding access to Chime accounts and funds
This is another interesting app like dave that offers interest-free cash advance ranging from $25 to $250. Empower doesn’t charge any fees or interest on its cash advances. Instead, you’ll simply pay it back automatically when you receive your next paycheck.
The money can be sent to your Empower checking account for free or to a bank account for a fee of $3. The Empower app does not charge late fees, and there are no credit checks. This app can also serve as a budgeting app that can help you limit your spending based on your income.
- Cash advance and early payroll
- Robust categories and budgeting
- Easy to link external accounts
- Earn up to 10% cashback on spending
- Monthly fee is expensive
- Missing critical banking features such as cash and mobile check deposits
Affirm works in a different way by giving you a virtual credit card that is loaded with the amount you requested. You can now use the credit card to make purchases and settle bills anywhere that is acceptable. Affirm processes payments very simple and fast, you don’t have to wait around for days.
You can set up a monthly payment plan to make the payback process as painless as possible. You can use the affirm app to buy anything you want from anywhere that affirm is accepted. All you have to do is to enter the amount of what you want to buy in the app and the money will be deducted.
- No upfront fees for loans.
- No fee to pay back early.
- Easy to receive a quote and sign up.
- Some merchants offer zero-interest loans.
- Prequalification does not guarantee transactions are approved.
- Interest rate offered can be high (up to 30%).
- Taking a loan can affect your credit rating.
FlexWage is an employer-sponsored program that gives clients a development on their check. Cash from loans through FlexWage can be moved to a pre-loaded card for convenience.
The FlexWage app utilizes Digital Disbursements to enable money to move in real time to a checking or savings account via a direct push to the debit card the individual uses to access their checking account.
- Offers immediate access to tips, commissions and bonuses
- Instant funding for everyone
- Customer service line
- Must transfer funds to FlexWage card
- Not transparent about fees
- Inactivity fee if you don’t use the card for six months
Cleo utilizes artificial intelligence (AI) to help you track client spending, help clients set aside more cash, and reach their financial goals. Clients can get loans up to $100 to stay away from overdraft expenses on their account, and they can likewise get cashback prizes up to 7% with the Daily Cash features.
The Cleo app can help you keep track of spending. It will push you to be more conscious when you are about to exceed your projected spending limit.
- Great design that is easy to use.
- Makes it easy to save.
- Intelligent Insights into spending habits.
- The Cleo plus plan is a $5.99 monthly fee.
- Chat based approach not for everyone.
- Have to Share Banking Details.
PayActiv is one of the lending payday advance apps like Dave that give employees access to financial help for work they have effectively done. On the off chance that your employer supports the service, you can utilize the PayActiv application to get a loan on your salary before payday. The help will deduct any cash you get from it on your next check.
You will stay away from financing costs since what you are getting isn’t a credit. The application is additionally valuable for taking care of your bills through it straightforwardly, moving assets to any bank, financial plan your funds, and set aside cash for some time later.
- Allows instant access to earned wages before payday
- Charges a low fee for Earned Wages Access (EWA) and no setup or recurring fees to employers
- Does not require credit checks or personal information
- Employees only access earned wages
- Employees can only access the service if employers sign up
- Though services are available all over the US, not every employer is eligible
- Poor customer support
Brigit is another interesting cash advance app that you can use instead of Dave. It works by letting you borrow money and pay it back when your next paycheck is deposited. Brigit will offer you up to $250, unlike other cash advance apps that give you a maximum cash advance of $150.
The money will be deposited within one to two business days. Brigit charges a $9.99 monthly membership fee to take out an advance. You won’t have to pay any interest, and even if you can’t make a payment, you won’t be on the hook for any late fees.
- No interest or late fees.
- Automatic overdraft protection available.
- Option to extend the due date up to 3 times.
- Send notifications when you’re at risk of overdrafting.
- Monthly membership fee of $9.99.
- Doesn’t accept joint bank accounts.
- Customer support only available through email.
Zirtue makes it simple to acquire and loan cash to friends and family. Pick your loan amount, set your terms, and pick a relative or member to acquire from. On the off chance that they consent to the terms you’ve picked and consent to the advance, you get the assets and programmed ACH installments of the assets to permit beneficiaries of credits to get paid rapidly.
Unlike other peer-to-peer platforms, Zirtue loans are funded by someone you already know instead of a group of anonymous investors. It draws up clear interest rates and repayment terms, and automates payments. Loans through Zirtue come with a fixed 5% interest rate for all borrowers. There are no other fees associated with taking out a loan.
- Simplifies borrowing from friends and family
- Can pay bills directly
- Option for loan forgiveness
- Must know someone willing to lend you money
- No loans over $1,000
- No customer service phone number
14. SoLo Funds
Another great mention on the list of apps like Dave is SoLo Funds. SoLo Funds is an AI-based spending executive’s tool that allows you to browse and find loans to fund that meet your criteria. It also makes it simple for clients to follow spending, drop pointless memberships, and arrive at their financial goals.
You can get your money as soon as the same day you apply. And unlike many other tip-based payday loan alternatives, SoLo caps lender tips at 10%. There’s no option to roll over the loan, which can help you avoid a cycle of debt. It charges a late fee of 15% of the principal plus $5 if you miss your due date
- Lender tip capped at 10%.
- Borrow up to $1,000.
- Same-day turnaround available.
- Maximum term of 15 days.
- High late fees for smaller loans.
- Previous charge-offs can disqualify you.
No list of apps like Dave will be complete without Qapital. Qapital helps clients financially plan, contribute, set aside, and go through cash wisely. As indicated by their site, asic individuals saved a normal of $1,500 a year ago.
Qapital also offers premium memberships that let you set rules to automate investing, but they cost more. You’ll need an outside checking account to link to Qapital and fund your goals.
- This app makes saving effortless, motivating, and even a little fun.
- Completely free – No fees.
- Allows specific goals to be set and named.
- Similar to other round-up saving apps but it has no monthly fees whatsoever.
- No website access, only via mobile.
- No customer service available through phone, just online support.
- You won’t earn money (interest earned) on the money you’re saving.
Not at all like other loan applications that take upto one business day to move your money, DailyPay pays you when you finish your work. This application works for practically all business sizes, along these lines making it simpler for workers to get cash quickly as opposed to hanging tight for their payday.
You can also use DailyPay to set up different kinds of automatic transfers, allowing you to move a set percentage or amount from your paycheck or cash advance to your savings account.
- Receive 100% of your earned income
- Doesn’t require Social Security number
- Automates savings
- Must work for a Dailypay partner
- Negative customer reviews
- Hard to reach customer service
17. Possible Finance
This is an online lender that makes small, high-interest installment loans through its app. Possible Finance offers installment credits of up to $500. Round out the application form, and on the off chance that you get endorsed, it’s feasible to get the funds in not more than minutes.
This app is very similar to dave and its rates are lower than payday loans (though still very high), and it gives you eight to 12 weeks to repay the loan in two-week or monthly intervals.
- Extend loans to anyone.
- Has good customer support.
- Fast turnaround if you have a Visa card.
- Repayments align with your payday (the one you provide on your application)
- You need a checking account
- Its availability is limited.
- It doesn’t offer paycheck advances.
- Applications experience technical hitches from time to time.
SoFi offers different financial solutions for clients. The application permits you to exchange shares, stocks, ETFs, and digital currency from your phone. It is additionally an individual credit and student loan renegotiating platform that you can use to acquire an advance when you need it.
Unlike Dave, SoFi Money has zero monthly charges and it does not charge overdraft fees or minimum balance fees. If you have a SoFi Money card, you get to enjoy access to over 55,000 ATMs across the country without having to pay transaction fees.
- No annual advisory fee
- You only need $1 to get started
- Access to financial advisors at no additional cost
- No tax-loss harvesting
- SoFi has a very limited track record as an investment firm
- Your portfolio will include higher-cost SoFi exchange-traded funds
Tapcheck is another worker-supported program that makes it simple for clients to get to their income before their ordinary payday. Clients can enter the amount they need and receive the mentioned support directly to their financial balance. Clients reimburse the amount of the loan with their next check.
- Clean interface.
- 24/7 access to your money.
- Cover emergency costs with ease.
- Have to work for an approved employer.
20. Speedy Cash
Speedy Cash is one of the leading loan apps like Dave that allows clients to oversee various kinds of advances. You can utilize its application to deal with your payday, title, and installment loans. Moreover, it is an ideal application for dealing with your credit extensions, applying for a new line of credit, or drawing additional money on your current advances.
If you need an emergency loan quickly, you might be able to get one from Speedy Cash. But its personal loans have limited availability and high interest rates, so you may want to look elsewhere for a loan.
- No prepayment penalty.
- Potentially fast funding.
- Multiple ways to apply .
- High interest rates.
- Limited availability
- May charge an origination fee in some states.
21. Ingo Money
Ingo Money gives a large group of features like Dave, for example, getting money checks, individual checks, and business checks, whenever, anywhere. Regarding speed, it has the high ground over Dave. Ingo Money moves the cash in no time.
Using the Ingo Money App is a great way to cash checks and get your money in minutes into the accounts you choose, without the need to go out or stand in a line. There are no deposit holds. Once your check is approved, your account will be funded and the money is guaranteed and safe to spend.