Alibaba.com is among the largest e-commerce portals in China. Therefore, it has a number trusted wholesale providers for you to buy goods from at reduced price. Additionally, it specializes in letting you purchase large amounts of merchandise simultaneously.
So Alibaba is an excellent option for filling bulk orders for goods that you may want to buy and re-sell them later. On the other hand, the reduced prices combined with often-high minimum purchase quantity requirements raise the danger of scams or counterfeiting.
If you are planning to start selling your goods online, I believe that you might have heard of Alibaba or other similar drop shipping companies like Alibaba.
So if you are not satisfied with Alibaba and you are in search of similar companies that offer the same services like Alibaba, We have got you covered.
We have listed below the best companies and websites that are similar to Alibaba that you can use to drop ship and sell your goods online.
Doba is one of the most comprehensive drop shipping services out there. It doesn’t only provides a detailed directory of manufacturers and wholesalers but also offers a platform to simply add the products you want without having to partner with multiple drop shippers.
Typically, you have to partner with 20+ drop shipping suppliers. With Doba you just have to find the product to sell, list them on the site and then start selling!
Doba will contact the supplier and send the product to the customers, removing the hassle of managing drop shippers.
- Doba has one of the largest product offerings that aggregate over 2 million products from nearly 200 suppliers.
- Immediate access to products from hundreds of suppliers.
- Organize lists of products for bulk export to your store or preferred marketplace.
- Email updates about supplier discounts, trending and seasonal products, and new suppliers in the categories that matter most to you.
- None in particular.
If you haven’t heard about Oberlo in running your drop shipping business then you haven’t truly been drop shipping.
Oberlo bills itself as the leading marketplace to search and find products to sell online at your Shopify store.
Their platform for Shopify facilitates drop shipping by connecting merchants with suppliers, who then ship products directly to consumers.
- Beautiful, modern user interface.
- Tight integration with Shopify.
- Easy one-click import of AliExpress products.
- Free account gives you a taste of Oberlo.
- Works only with Shopify stores.
- No shipment tracking, fulfillment monitoring or multiple users with free account.
- Only supports AliExpress for now.
3. Dropship Direct
Dropship Direct offers well over 100,000 items from more than 900 brands. It’s free to use, but access to its Premium WholesaleFiles information is $37.00/month.
This gives you a chance to try it for free, giving you access to its tremendous stock of items.
It’s more like a directory of suppliers. Here, you pick your item to start with, then you can demand to have that thing dispatched to your client.
So, you don’t really need to be in contact with the drop shipper.
Dropship Direct’ cataloging features keeps you up-to-date on the latest trends and new products added to its diverse inventory.
4. Sunrise Wholesale
Sunrise Wholesale is a service that dropships products directly to your clients.
You gain access to over 15,000 brand products, and you can search for these products.
Sunrise allows you to export your products — including images and descriptions — to eBay, Amazon and your own website
It even integrates and syncs with Shopify and BigCommerce.
Recently, Sunrise Wholesale partnered with an import company to give it access to a 600,000-square feet warehouse and distribution center.
- Quick and accurate order processing. Service it provides has been recognized with an A+ award by the Better Business Bureau.
- Every account comes with a free eBay Listing Wizard and Research Tool. This makes selling on eBay a cinch.
- You also get access to Amazon Selling and Research Manager. This comes handy if you are just starting out.
- Restocking fee is high. You will be charged a 20 per cent restocking fee for non-defective products that your customers return.
- Offers about 15,000 products from 7 suppliers. This may not be enough for you.
5. Wholesale 2B
Wholesale 2B requires you to sign up for a plan, but you don’t get charged anything for simply browsing the product database.
You can search for certain items and categories. When you find something to sell just post it on your site for people to buy from you.
Once a customer places an order, the Wholesale 2B site takes a commission and sends the product directly to your customer.
- Access to 1.5 million products!
- Several plans to choose from. Selective plans if you intend to sell on Amazon, eBay or your own stores.
- Built in eCommerce marketplace integrations with Amazon and eBay.
- Real time integration with Shopify, Magento, BigCommerce.
- You can’t contact Wholesale2b by phone or email. You can contact only by raising a ticket, which is quite slow.
- Doesn’t offer much when it comes to analyzing your sales and performance of the products you choose to sell.
SaleHoo has more of a focus on presenting a detailed directory for companies you can partner with for your business.
They have 8,000+ companies in their network that give you access to over 1.6 million products.
All the 8000+ suppliers are verified by the SaleHoo team, so you can trust them for quality and other factors.
- The best part about SaleHoo is the community around it. SaleHoo manages a routine blog and forum so you can learn and chat with others who are just like you.
- You can use the Market Research Lab to find which types of products are more likely to bring you higher profits.
- Good support.
- No free trial, though they have a 60-day money back guarantee.
- Training can be overwhelming.
7. Wholesale Central
The Wholesale Central doesn’t have a great website, but it’s a quite decent tool for filtering through categories like clothing, electronics and leather goods.
Wholesale Central has over 630,332 items listed with 1000+ trusted wholesale providers.
The drop shippers are then listed with details for you to click on and view.
When you click through to one of the drop shippers it sends you to the manufacturer’s website which means there are no middlemen taking any cut. You will be directly working with manufacturers.
Megagoods is a direct supplier which has simplified the drop shipping model.
They specialize in consumer electronics and video games with more than 45 categories.
It has a large selection of brand names along with fast processing and private label shipping.
- Cheap, one of the lowest monthly subscription fees.
- Despite its low number of products and lack of research tools and other features, this is a low-cost option that could be right if you are interested in specializing in consumer electronics.
- Megagoods offers far less products. It may be the lowest we have reviewed (2000+ products).
- No research tools.
- No website integrations, nor is there integration with eCommerce marketplaces or stores.
We’ve covered the top 8 drop shipping companies and sites like Alibaba that you need to know about if you’re in the drop shipping business.