QuickBooks Error 248 can take place when a user tries to run payroll for the employees or take a backup of the QuickBooks enterprise record. While the error happens, you could get an error message in your display screen that reads, “QuickBooks organization file isn’t found.” the error message indicated that you need to rebuild your QuickBooks company report.
There may be various reasons in the back of error 248 in QuickBooks online login. To know the possible causes in the back of the QuickBooks errors 248 and troubleshoot the nuisance, read this post to solve this error.
What Are The Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Backup errors 248?
“caution: QuickBooks found some troubles with your business enterprise file, but don’t fear! You may repair most issues by way of rebuilding your company file.” this error message can take place particularly due to two reasons as stated in the below-given list:
- Harm in QuickBooks Company record
- Overpaying of an worker
SEE ALSO: Quickbooks Customer Service Number
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Message 248?
Now that you are aware of the possible causes at the back of error code 248 in QB, you can remedy the difficulty with the utmost ease. Follow the solutions explained beneath and resolve the error like a pro:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks Rebuild Data Utility
QuickBooks verify and Rebuild Data Utilities work together to self identify and resolve company document problems in the QuickBooks software. The error message also indicates the troubleshooting by using the Rebuild data utility in QuickBooks. Observe the underneath-given steps:
- Open QuickBooks applications and from under the file tab, select Utilities
- Now click Rebuild data alternative
- Observe the on-display commands with utmost attention to save your company backup documents
- Wait until the file backup method completes and then hit ok to complete the task
If error 248 quickbooks persists after this troubleshooting process, pass to the following solutions.
Solutions 2: Make use of verify data utility
Verify data utility in QuickBooks helps users locating the possible data integrity troubles inside the company report. Follow the beneath-stated steps to apply it:
- Release QuickBooks application in the first place
- Now go to the file tab and pick Utilities >> verify data
- Hit ok in case you get the message “QuickBooks detected no problem with your data.”
- If the application detects any difficulty in the organization file, click on Rebuild Now to restore the difficulty
- Hit close to finish
What To Do whilst QuickBooks Error 248 takes place even as running Payroll?
QuickBooks error 248 while running payroll can crop up due to overpaying an worker or overpaying payroll taxes. To resolve the issue, delete relevant paychecks by means of following the underneath-described solutions.
Solution 3: Create And add item In QuickBooks
Release QuickBooks application and observe the beneath-given steps:
- Click Payroll list alternative from inside list section after which select New item
- Next, click the custom Setup option and click next.
- Enter a name for the new item you want to add in QuickBooks
- Now select a suitable account to link the item.
- For the Tax Tracking Type option, select None and then hit next twice.
- Hit Neither and then next.
- Enter the amount this is overpaid after which hit finish.