It’s really a great experience to become a graduate from Australia! If you complete your graduation specifically in the field of accounting, it’s even more advantageous for you. Do you know that you can attain an exclusively prospective career after becoming an accounting graduate from Australia? To make your dream come true you got to complete a comprehensive Professional Year from Australia. You can obtain an additional 5 points through the completion of this course.
Imperative Criteria concerning Duration
The total duration of the accounting PYP in Australia is of 44 weeks. This time-frame is further divided into a period of 32 weeks and 12 weeks respectively. Completion of the actual course requires you to dedicate a time period of 32 weeks. It includes the following modules:
- Module 1: Australian Workplace Context
- Module 2: Decision Making and Professional Practice
- Module 3: Team Development and Workplace Influence
- Module 4: Group Commitment and Individual Commitment
- Module 5: Workplace and Professional Standards
- Module 6: Importance of Regulated Environment
- Module 7: Practice of Career Skills and Job Search Methods and
- Module 8: Communication and Interview Skills leading to Success
Apart from this, the internship session demands you to invest a time span of 12 weeks. It covers a total duration of 240 hours in the sector accounting. Candidates with compatible skills and qualifications will be given the primary preference.
Fundamental Eligibility Criteria
There are some basic eligibility criteria you need to meet to apply for the Professional Year Program in accounting. Complying with these eligibility requirements will let you complete your Accounting Professional Year Program successfully. These eligibility prerequisites can be considered below.
- You must comply with a pre-admission interview with your chosen Australian college/university. This will ensure your compatibility and pertinent eligibility to apply for this course.
- Do meet the relevant skills assessment test organised by a valid Professional Accounting Body.
- You must also be the holder of a substantial Graduate Visa 485, offering a validity of at least 6 months.
- You should qualify in a relevant English language test by obtaining the desired score. This can be any of the following:
- IELTS with a score of 6.0 in each individual band.
- PTE with a score of 50 in each band.
- Alternatively, you can also qualify in the test of CAE, TOEFL or iBIT by securing the relevant score.
- Most importantly, you must have completed a single or two relevant accounting courses. The duration of your course should at least be of two years and it should be a full-time program.
There are tons of professional accounting bodies in the whole of Australia. The most trusted one amongst these is the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia. It is also considered a major founding member of the Global Accounting Alliance (GAA).
Worthwhile factors to consider
There are certain factors worth considering pertaining to the eligibility criteria of your Accounting Professional Year Program. These factors are given below for you to consider.
Possession of a 485 Graduate Visa
Certain applicants apply for the professional year accounting on a bridging visa. Such candidates must obtain the 485 graduate visa after their course’s completion.
Compliance with the study requirements
Candidates who are residing in Australia on a student visa need to comply with certain academic requirements. These require them to prove the possession of their 485 visa through substantial proofs. Secondly, they must qualify in any of the English language tests successfully like the ones stated above. On top all, they should crack the pertinent skills assessment test organised by a valid Professional Accounting Body. They must meet these conditions indispensably before commencing their Professional Year Program.
Adherence to the duration of 92 weeks
As you already know that the minimal duration of your graduation must be of two years. Remember, that this duration should be equivalent to a period of 92 weeks and not less. It is only after meeting this criterion that you can start your accounting professional year program.
A look at the Accounting PYP Internship Program
There are certain things taught while the learner is undergoing the accounting internship Adelaide session of their accounting PYP. A significant criterion of this program is the attendance of 100% classes. Yes, the candidate needs to attend 100% classes to complete the internship program of their accounting PYP course successfully.
Absolute Placement Guarantee
This is one of the biggest advantages after the successful completion of your PYP course in accounting. After completing the internship, you will get a sound experience in the field of accounting. This will make you favourably employable in the Australian job market. Rest assured that you will definitely be provided with a job after the effective accomplishment of your accounting PYP course.
Attain Your Dream Career as an Accounting Professional!
So, it’s time for you to apply for the PYP accounting course if you are passionate about the accounting field. This way you can certainly achieve a lucrative career in Australia as a competent accounting professional.