Everyone just loves Oreo cookies and there is nothing more amazing for any Oreo fan than a cake fully loaded up with chocolate and Oreos. This double chocolate layer cake is filled with crushed Oreos, chocolate buttercream, cream filling, and many more delicious elements. The cake is perfect for birthday parties. So, let’s get started with the Oreo cake recipe to bake this delicious beauty.
Chocolate Layer Cake
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 and ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 and ½ cups cake flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup full fat sour cream or full fat Greek yogurt, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk chocolate, chopped (semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- ½ cup hot coffee or hot water
- 1 432 gm packet Oreos
Oreo Cream Filling
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 and ½ cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk or cream (cream preferred for best texture)
- ¼ cup shortening
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 16 additional Oreos, pulsed into a fine crumb
- ¼ cup milk or cream (cream preferred for best texture)
Recipe / Instructions
- Place the oven rack in the centre of the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees F. Now splash two 9-inch cake baking containers with a nonstick oil. Line the base of the container with Oreos in a single layer, around 15 oreos in each container. Put it aside.
- In a big bowl, utilizing a handheld or stand blender fitted with a whisk connection, mix the cocoa powder, cake flour, sugar, salt, and baking soda together on low speed for 30 seconds. Include the eggs, sour cream, oil, and vanilla and blend for one minute on medium-low speed.
- Remove the bowl from the blender and include the espresso and chocolate chips; mix well. A portion of the chocolate chips will soften as you mix. Do not overmix the batter.
- Empty the batter into the prepared containers over the Oreos. Heat for 28 to 32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Invert the cake onto the wire rack to cool completely.
- While the cake cools, make the Oreo cream filling. In a big bowl, utilizing a handheld or stand blender fitted with a whisk connection, cream the butter and shortening together on fast speed until soft. Include the confectioners’ sugar, one cup at once, substituting with the milk/cream and vanilla. The filling will be thick, but you can include more milk/cream if you like. Freeze it.
- Now make the chocolate buttercream. In a big bowl, utilizing a handheld or stand blender fitted with a whisk connection, cream the butter on fast until cushy, around one minute. Beat in the vanilla and cocoa powder on low speed, and include the confectioners’ sugar one cup at once, rotating with the milk/cream. The buttercream will be thick. Put aside in the fridge.
- When the cakes are cooled, it is time to assemble! Put one cooled layer on a cake stand or serving plate, Oreo cookies side down. Utilizing a spatula or blade, spread the top with a one inch thick layer of Oreo cream filling. Top with the second layer, Oreo cookies side up. Spread the top layer cake with chocolate buttercream. Now, cover the cake in Oreo crumbs. Spread it all on the top and the sides of the cake.
- Your cake is ready to serve. You can keep it in the refrigerator for around 3 days.
Liked the recipe? Share it with your friends or bake a delicious Oreo cake for them on their birthday. Can’t bake? Avail online cake delivery in Pune, Mumbai, Gurgaon etc., or your desired location and enjoy yummy cakes at your home. Happy eating! Happy baking!